What You Can Do About Anti-Asian Racism
1. Raise awareness and speak out against anti-Asian hate racism.
If you haven’t already, please read through and share our Instagram post where we cover what’s been going on: https://www.instagram.com/p/CLdb2D-jIqs/
Share this page with others and add it to your bio: asian.ly/stopaapihate
2. Sign petitions.
Provide Safety Ambassadors & prevent Hate Crimes on elderly in San Francisco Chinatown
End Hate Crimes Against Asian Americans
STOP COVID-19 DISINFORMATION. STOP ANTI-ASIAN VIOLENCE
3. Donate to organizations combating anti-Asian racism.
Asian Americans Advancing Justice
National Council of Asian Pacific Americans
4. Donate to fundraisers organized to combat anti-Asian racism.
Help Stop Violence and Hate Crimes Against Asians
Fighting COVID-19 Anti-Asian Racism with Research
Help Us Get Personalized Alarms for Asian Elders
Fundraiser for Vicha Ratanapakdee
Stop Asian Hate: Together, We Can Make a Difference
5. Report anti-Asian hate crimes.
6. Educate yourself on the generational history of anti-Asian racism, discrimination, and xeonophobia.
Watch a PBS documentary about different aspects of the Asian-American cultural experience.
Read the article “America’s long history of scapegoating its Asian citizens” by National Geographic.
Read this NPR about the model minority myth.Read this article about the history of anti-Asian legislation.
Read the book “The Chinese in America: A Narrative History” by Iris Chang.
Read this article by Michelle Kim on why Asian and Black solidarity is important.
Read the book “Stuck: Why Asian Americans Don't Reach the Top of the Corporate Ladder” by Margaret Chin.
7. Follow AAPI community leaders and AAPI pages to stay informed.
Note: We’ll be updating this list with more resources over time so make sure to check back.
React to this Post