Filipino Artists Swept This Year’s Grammy Awards - Here are Some of the Highlights
From H.E.R. to Bruno Mars to Olivia Rodrigo, Filipino artists swept this year’s Grammy Awards.
From H.E.R. to Bruno Mars to Olivia Rodrigo, Filipino artists swept this year’s Grammy Awards, with many of them winning the top categories. Below are some of the highlights:
1. H.E.R.: H.E.R. was tied for the second-most nominations this year (8) and won in the categories of ‘Best Traditional R&B Performance’ for her song ‘Fight for You’.
2. Olivia Rodrigo: Olivia Rodrigo received seven nominations this year and won in the categories of ‘Best New Artist’, ‘Best Pop Solo Performance’, and ‘Best Pop Vocal Album’.
3. Silk Sonic: Silk Sonic, the duo consisting of Bruno Mars and Anderson .Paak (who’s half Korean!) won all four categories they were nominated in, including ‘Song of the Year’, ‘Record of the Year’, ‘Best R&B Performance’ and ‘Best R&B Song’.
4. Saweetie: Saweetie received two nominations at this year’s awards, in the categories of ‘Best New Artist’ and ‘Best Rap Song’.
5. Elle King: Elle King, who is the daughter of Filipino American comedian Rob Schneider, was nominated for ‘Best Country Duo/Group Performance’.
React to this Post